Thursday, May 04, 2006

59. Geoffs dog is not really Einstein....is he?

On 02/05/2006, at 7:52 PM, geoff wrote:

Wow Ross, I'm impressed. You've been busy! And I'm even more impressed with that dog of yours. Could we have a pic? I was talking with Luke about his dog Shadow on Saturday. She's a border collie x kelpie, two of the smartest breeds. Shadow is smart. Very. I was saying to Luke, she may be the Einstein of dogs (she's that smart, at times). But how could we tell - all she does is love us to death(!) and want to please us and be with us. Sometimes (even though we're not too much like dogs) she teaches me a big lesson about my relationship with my Father God. She lives for us and Luke. She's devastated when she's dug a big hole in the garden and gotten into trouble (but she can't help herself, she keeps doing it). And she's constantly rolling at our feet trying to worship us (and I said she was smart!).

Death. Guess physical death is just the physical manifestation of something that's already happened (but not yet physically). God expects us to die to ourselves, like Paul said "I am crucified with Christ, nevertheless I live, yet not I but Christ..."

And I liked what we heard anout Enoch - his relationship with God was so pleasing (joyful!) to God that God just wanted it to continue without the dislocation of death, so God simply took him so they continued in that spirituasl relationship without any discontinuity. Enoch wasn't perfect (as a human), he just learned the secret of being close to God. He walked with God!

Thanks Ross for your inspiring topics - what about sticking a counter down the bottom of this, to record the number of your visitors? (you can get a free one at sitemeter.com)

--
Posted by geoff to science vs religion christian view at 5/02/2006 07:52:25 PM





So I asked the dog, Ross's dog.
"How would Geoff and Luke know if their dog is an Einstein?"
The dog said, "They should ask the dog, Geoff and Lukes dog. If he is an Einstein, he will tell them."





geoff said...
Well, we asked G&L's dog. She was lying blissfully on her warm rug after a good feed - but no chicken feet, mind you (the type of full stomach happiness that only a dog can know). She just rolled onto her back with legs in the air, and made a sort-of grunting noise and looked at me with a silly contented grin. So, I guess that's answered that!

4 Comments:

Blogger geoff said...

Well, we asked G&L's dog. She was lying blissfully on her warm rug after a good feed - but no chicken feet, mind you (the type of full stomach happiness that only a dog can know). She just rolled onto her back with legs in the air, and made a sort-of grunting noise and looked at me with a silly contented grin. So, I guess that's answered that!

9:31 pm  
Blogger Ross said...

Sorry I called her a he.
As bad an insult you can hand a girl

9:40 pm  
Blogger Ross said...

I just realised ( haha) that fear is whats keeping dogs out of heaven. And why he rushed the screen door when Angelo left it open.No concision for this dog.!

10:24 am  
Blogger Ross said...

Of course Geoff and Lukes dog has other issues

10:25 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home