Monday, April 17, 2006

22. McDonalds

This is also from Kat in Hungary:


I thought it was a nice story.
K

>
>BREAKFAST AT MCDONALDS . Please read until the end.
>
>This is a good story and is true, please read it all the way through
>until the end! (After the story, there are some very interesting facts!):
>
>
>I am a mother of three (! ages 14, 12, 3) and have recently completed my
>college degree.
>
>The last class I had to take was! Sociology.
>
>The teacher was absolutely inspiring with the qualities that I wish every
>human being had been graced with.
>
>Her last project of the term was called "Smile."
>
>The class was asked to go out and smile at three people and document
>their reactions.
>
>I am a very friendly person and always smile at everyone and say hello
>anyway, so, I thought this would be a piece of cake, literally.
>
>Soon after we were assigned the project, my husband, youngest son, and I
>went out to McDonald's one crisp March morning.
>
>It was just our way of sharing special playtime with our son.
>
>We were standing in line, waiting to be served, when all of a sudden
>everyone around us began to back away, and then even my husband did.
>
>I did not move an inch... an overwhelming feeling of panic welled up
>inside of me as I turned to see why they had moved.
>
>As I turned around I smelled a horrible "dirty body" smell, ! and there
>standing behind me were two poor homeless men.
>
>As I looked down at the short gentleman, close to me, he was "smiling".
>
>His beautiful sky blue eyes were full of God's Light as he searched for
>acceptance.
>
>He said, "Good day" as he counted the few coins he had been clutching.
>
>The second man fumbled with his hands as he stood behind his friend. I
>realized the second man was mentally challenged and the blue-eyed
>gentleman was his salvation.
>
>I held my tears as I stood there with them.
>
>The young lady at the counter asked him what they wanted.
>
>He said, "Coffee is all Miss" because that was all they could afford. (If
>they wanted to sit in the restaurant and warm up, they had to buy
>something. He just wanted to be warm).
>
>Then I really felt it - the compulsion was so great I almost reached out
>and embraced the little man with the blue eyes
>
>That is when I noticed all eyes in the restaurant were set on me, judging
>my every action..
>
>I smiled and asked the young lady behind the counter to give me two more
>breakfast meals on a separate tray.
>
>I then walked around the corner to the table that the men had chosen as a
>resting spot I put the tray on the table and laid my hand on the
>blue-eyed gentleman's cold hand.
>
>He looked up at me, with tears in his eyes, and said, "Thank you."
>
>I leaned over, began to pat his hand and said, "I did not do this for
>you. God is here working through me to give you hope."
>
>I started to cry as I walked away to join my husband and son.. When I sat
>down my husband smiled at me and said, "That is why God gave you to me,
>Honey, to give me hope."
>
>We held hands for a moment and at that time, we knew that only because of
>the Grace that we had been given were we able to give.
>
>That day showed me the pure Light of God's sweet love. I returned to
>college, on the last evening of class, with this story in hand
>
>I turned in "my project" and the instructor read it.
>
>Then she looked up at me and said, "Can I share this?"
>
>I slowly nodded as she got the attention of the class.
>
>She began to read and that is when I knew that we as human beings and
>being part of God share this need to heal people and to be healed.
>
>In my own way I had touched the people at McDonald's, my husband, son,
>instructor, and every soul that shared the classroom on the last night I
>spent as a college student.
>
>I graduated with one of the biggest lessons I would ever learn:
>UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE !.
>
>Much love and compassion is sent to each and every person who may read
>this and learn how to LOVE PEOPLE AND USE THINGS - NOT LOVE THINGS AND
>USE PEOPLE.
>

>
>Someone wrote:
>Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will
>leave footprints in your heart.
>
>To handle yourself, use your head.
>
>To handle others, use your heart.
>
>God Gives every bird it's food, but He does not throw it into its nest.
>
>Keep this going

FROM ROSS: Well is that science or religion?
My science teacher in my first science class said,"science means truth"
So I ask again, is that science?
Thankyou Kat

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the Laws of Truth are designed and created by God ... whether of science, mathematics, or the spiritual laws such as the Law of Love ... I guess they are the "religious laws" ....That's science AND religion!

1:02 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home