Thursday, May 11, 2006

77. The Word and Consciousness

Jhn 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Jhn 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.

Jhn 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Jhn 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

Jhn 1:5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.



I read a book put out by edge.com, called something like ;"The things scientists believe but cannot prove."
The book has essays by 50 I think scientists.
I bought it in Lton.

I didnt agree with much in it, other parts were rivetting

Apparently science sometimes defines life as having consciousness, and consciousness as having language.

When I find the book I will quote directly.
I remember discussing it with the dog, Ross's dog.
He was disappointed in science, because that would have classified all other dogs as being pretty droll, whereas that is not the actual case.
He said the average dog understands probably 100 words in English, so to maintain their brain, their consciousness, they go around saying things to themselves like..."here boy", and "eat that you sod".

He said that proves their consciousness by language.

Well, why the quote from John's Gospel?

When I awoke today it came to me, in the beginning was the word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God.
Some interpret that the Word is Jesus,which is fairly obvious.
But what it says in terms of science is, because word denotes language denotes consciousness denotes life...
that in the beginning there was consciousness...

I find it interesting
So I shall post this in a temporary state awaiting more work.
Thankyou, Ross

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

8:06 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

6:47 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

6:48 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

12:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home